Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crabs, Shrimp, and a Stingray

       For the past two days, we've been using the cast net to catch shrimp. 60% were smaller ones, which we used for bait. The other 40% of jumbo shrimp were eaten.
       While I was practicing using the cast net, I let mom hold my fishing pole for me. Then after a few minutes she called out "I have a fish! It's heavy!". Dad came over to reel in the fish because it was so big and close to snapping the line. As it came closer, we saw someone else's tail thrashing around, a stingray's! We reeled it in and onto the dock with it's mouth facing up, pulled out it's hook, and it plopped into the water. I was too late to get my camera, though.
       Right after that we casted the fishing pole again and immediately caught a blue claw crab. It was too small, but it was nice and healthy and blue. I did get my camera for this one. You can see in the second picture that he held onto his shrimp the whole time, even though most of it fell off.
Stuck in the net

The shrimp is still in his claw.

You can see the blue on his claw.


No comments:

Post a Comment